Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

race for life 2011

The chickpea, spinach and potato soup yesterday paid off. I loaded the carbs into my system and drank copious amounts of water - nothing stronger or I would have fallen over during the rather confusing aerobic warm-up before the race began. And this morning I ran 5km (with a few little walking breaks) in a respectable 32 minutes. This is a personal best - and the runner's high started just after I finished and realised I'd achieved a faster time than my target of 35 minutes.

After the race I picked up a couple of girls in pink capes who needed a lift to the Toby Inn. I wasn't going their way, so I said no at first, then changed my mind, and they very generously gave me £20 towards my fundraising for Cancer Research. The proverbial good turn created another.

1 comment: