
I'm really pleased to say that I completed the 10km run in Edinburgh yesterday. And I think my time of 70 minutes and my place (4935th out of over 11,000 runners) is quite creditable. The course was quite hilly as I'd thought it would be, but the longest ascent was in the first couple of kilometres so the worst climb was over early. I found it hard going for the first half, but after collecting a bottle of water between the 5th and 6th km markers I began to feel better. After 7 km it seemed very fast to 8km and the last stretch was on familiar ground which helped too. The weather was cool and stayed pretty dry so running conditions were quite good.
After the run we took our picnic to the beach at Portobello. A fret was coming in from the sea but the beach was wide and sandy and we'd love to go back some time. We also had time for a look around the very picturesque Grassmarket below Edinburgh Castle before driving home.
Next run could be a ten miler, you never know!
No comments:
Post a Comment