We managed to press-gang a couple of kids into helping out this afternoon so now the back drive is usable again. It was dug up in January for a drainpipe to go the full length of the drive, as in the last few years there have been quite substantial puddles up there on rainy days. Steve and Polly riddled the pile of rubble that was standing on the new kitchen floor. Polly barrowed the finer soil out and raked it out. We now have a lovely tilth where I used to park the car and I am tempted to throw a packet of wildflower seeds over it. Sam's job was grading the stones in the trench, putting the big ones at the bottom and the smaller ones on the top. They both did a good job and I think they enjoyed being involved, once they got stuck in. They are now watching The Golden Compass and about to tuck into a helping of treacle tart. Deservedly so.
Click here for more pictures from our afternoon's work.
No comments:
Post a Comment