Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Coffee Break French

I've been getting excited this week about a new French language learning resource I've spotted online. There is a whole series of 80 free podcasts of about 15 minutes for beginners, followed by a series for intermediate to advanced learners. They are presented by a genial Scot called Mark who introduces native speakers. These then go on to slowly read out a text which Mark then breaks down and explains in small chunks before you hear it again. As online resources go I have seen few which provide so much for free. The language in the intermediate/advanced section is conversational and also covers a range of important grammar points, including the sinuous subjunctive. At the same time a small drama is played out between the characters played by the three native speakers. I've managed to paint about half of the hall this week listening to the Series 3 podcasts. For some reason I've started at the latest and am now working my way back through the lessons.

As well as Coffee Break French, Mark and his mates at Radio Lingua have created a whole range of other podcasts for learning German, Spanish, French and Italian as well as taster courses for a dozen or so other languages.

CBF Step by step

If you are thinking about improving your French I would have a look at the site and give it a go. It might just suit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment